Cape Town, South Africa 23 November 2021: Urban property development firm, BLOK Developments, today announces the launch of the of the company’s newest Sea Point development, EIGHTY2 ON M.
The EIGHTY2 ON M development located at 82 Main Road in Sea Point, lies directly across from the Artem Centre, and promises to add to the rejuvenation and beautification in the heart of Sea Point’s Main Road.
Jacques van Embden, Managing Director at Blok, states that the BLOK EIGHTY2 ON M development is human and urban housing focused – an exaltation for life. “As our newest development we have taken the approach to develop a living space that best meets the needs of a youthful, connected urbanite.”
Visit the EIGHTY2 ON M launch website and register your interest here. (https://blok.co.za )
“Covid has made us realize how important living spaces are as well as the neighbourhoods that surround them,” says van Embden, “and EIGHTY2 ON M takes everything that we’ve learnt in the last two years and distils it into one highly unique package whether you’re an investor or resident.”
“EIGHTY2 ON M is all about celebrating what sparks “joy” for the future residents of this living space, and of the people of Sea Point. With a focus on the diverse and contemporary assortment of lifestyles pursued by today’s urban residents, EIGHTY2 ON M invites all of its inhabitants into a space of their own and all that the vibrant locale has to offer.”
Offering 100 new apartments over 9 floors, EIGHTY2 ON M is designed around the concept of urban living, guided by international best practice trends. EIGHT2 ON M offers Micro, Studio, One- & Two-bedroom apartments in Sea Point from R995 000.
“Understanding and appreciating the shifting living patterns of people in urban areas and meeting their needs, EIGHTY2 ON M combines modern amenities and moments that create a home we all desire to live in, such as a modern serviced pool deck with a pizza oven, ground and first floor retail that nails the brilliant basics of freshly brewed coffee and treats with modern shared workspaces, and topped off with high street retail – a key part that the world’s best suburbs aspire to be,” explains van Embden.
LIVING IN BLOK’S EIGHTY2 ON M
· Growing: Like the dynamic ever evolving Sea Point community, part of EIGHTY2 ON M frontage will be an ever transforming canvas through partnership with leading SA creatives. The development will also house an urban farming connecting people back to nature and its ability to create.
· Activating: The development’s communal space allows for peoples active life, from the quiet yoga space to the gym, and to stretch the legs even more the Sea Point promenade is just a short stroll away. EIGHTY2 ON M colourful pool with artist designed walls & floor bringing a pop of colour to ones dip in the pool. The pool area also comprises spacious comfortable seating designed to embrace summer bronzing and leisurely lounging.
· Resting: As we emerge from Covid restrictions, we made ‘design around wellness’ critical to our direction. We have incorporated smart mental wellness centred design: Every unit has outside space in some form – to breathe the fresh air. Being in a beautiful and bright space is good for the brain, although inside the building, a more natural contrast takes place to the striking outer colours, imbuing a more calming and resting energy. Shinrin-yoku (Japanese for ‘forest bathing’ or taking in the forest atmosphere) has informed our choice of trees to create pause moments in the northern corner of the building, and meditation nooks: areas around the building for people to use as moments to pause, read a book, or reflect.
· Living: Leading global best practice interior spatial design principals have been employed from Micro units upwards, and some of the best views of Rocklands beach have been achieved through our innovative building design. Conveniently positioned directly opposite Artem shopping centre, Sea Points premium shopping centre with luxury lifestyle like Sans, Coco Safar (home to the world’s best croissant).
· Connecting: EIGHTY2 ON will also incorporate an outside harvest table, which allows tenants the opportunity for communal connection. This communal space can incorporate outdoor movie screenings, lounging, and other social activities.
· Working: The development will also incorporate co-working and commercial spaces with latest technology and shared spatial design. This is ideal for those working from home who want to separate the working from the living areas.
· Frontage: In addition to the building’s rejuvenation, the design of the building has also taken into account the flow of people through the area and has proposed key building design elements that will soften and beautify the area. The building will incorporate a recessed commercial arcade allowing for greater walking space for pedestrians as well as a potential retail space for businesses and services that complements the building and its occupants. Furthermore, understanding that that building design and construction must be nature centric, the building’s façade will also introduce trees, greenery, and building biophilia.
“If there is one thing that the last two years has taught is that every day is an opportunity. We are immensely proud to offer EIGHTY2 ON M to residents that want to embrace a life full of its intricacies and complexity; adventure, stillness, and balance. Nestled in the heart of the Atlantic seaboard, nowhere exudes a more positive outlook and zest for life than Sea Point. It’s time to remember who we are as people – and embrace not only where we live, but the neighbourhood surrounding us. The essence of Blok’s connected urban philosophy is perfectly expressed with this development. “The joy of living” simply encapsulates that which makes us human,” concludes van Embden.