September is National Oral Health Month, and to help you ‘floss like a boss’ for a beautifully clean and healthy mouth Sunstar GUM sent through a #FlossLikeABoss kit comprising of a variety of dental care tools. I am obsessed with dental health making sure that my pearly whites remain just that. I recently visited the dentist, one that I do regularly (if only to collect points for Discovery Vitality), and thankfully I was given the all clear. So, the Sunstar GUM #FlossLikeABoss kit came is very handy, and I feel far more confident with these tools at my disposal.
Having the widest range of floss and interdental tools in SA, Sunstar GUM has created a brand-new series of short videos (+/- 30 seconds each) demonstrating how to ‘floss like a boss’ – even if you have implants, braces or don’t like floss. The videos are live on www.ivohealth.co.za/FlossLikeABoss from 1 September.
The Sunstar GUM floss & interdental tools in the #FlossLikeABoss that came in my kit are available at selected Clicks, dentists, Dis-Chem, pharmacies and retailers.
- GUM Original White Floss (RRP R51): Helps remove stains and plaque from between teeth.
- GUM Expanding Floss (RRP R55): Ideal if you have small gaps between the teeth, sensitive or receding gums. This is easy to insert, even between the tightest contacts, and expands during use, for an exceptional clean.
- GUM Easy Flossers (RRP R50): Great for adults and children, with an easy to grip handle.
- GUM Soft-Picks Advanced (RRP R89) Disposable dental picks with soft rubber bristles that gently massage and stimulate gums. Ideal for adults and children.
- GUM Trav-Lers (RRP R101) Tiny interdental brushes, ideal for normal teeth, big gaps and around crowns, bridges, implants or orthodontics.
How to Floss Like a Boss
By Dirna Grobbelaar, Ivohealth’s Oral Hygiene Advisor
- Take about 30cm of floss
- Wind the floss around your middle fingers
- Hold it floss between thumbs and index fingers
- Slide the floss in-between teeth using a gentle back-and-forth sawing action
- Fold floss around the side of a tooth in a C-shape
- Slide the floss up and down, against tooth and just under the gum line
- Repeat on the neighbouring tooth
- Pull out and repeat using a clean section of the floss